JIRACOR is an Small Business Administration (SBA) certified small business participant through 2026. As authorized by FAR 19.8, Federal agencies may issue sole source contracts to 8(a) firms up to $4 million for engineering services, and $7 million for manufacturing contracts.
The 8(a) sole source vehicle provides agencies a simplified and shortened acquisition procedure:
- Greatly reduced cycle time: the time required to award an 8(a) sole source contract has been dramatically reduced and can be accomplished in a few days.
- Lowered administrative costs: procurement process costs associated with a lengthy contracting process are reduced to a minimum.
- Best price value: your contracting agency negotiates with JIRACOR directly to get the best value.
- Your organization receives small business credit for promoting small business participation.
- Contracts can be initiated with a simple high-level statement of work.
- There is no protest process that could delay the start of needed work.
- Your organization is assured of getting the company you want, know and trust to conduct the work.
How to Make an 8(a) Sole Source Contract in 3 Easy Steps:
- The Government Program Manager (PM) selects JIRACOR to perform the work, prepares a procurement request and submits it to the agency Contracting Officer (CO). This includes a Performance Work Statement (PWS), cost estimate, and funding.
- The agency CO sends and “Offer Letter” and PWS to JAXOFFERLETTERS@sba.gov. The SBA processes the Offer Letter and returns it to the agency CO within 5 business days.
- The agency CO issues a Request for Proposal (RFP) to JIRACOR. Within hours, JIRACOR submits the proposal, the contract is awarded, and work begins.
This entire process can be completed in 5 – 10 business days or less.